Friday, December 3, 2010

Comme des Garcons=Like the Boys

i have been a tomboy most of my life, except that small chunk of time where i wanted to wear a spangly ice skating outfit all day when i was six after seeing the Ice Capades show. i wasn't going for the military look because i buck rather than follow trends, BUT....this Junya Watanabe for Comme des Garcons shorts-skirt changed my mind. ruffly yet boyish, it stole my heart the moment i saw it. once i put it on, i was doomed. it finally went on sale, though it is still one of my priciest designer pieces. it's my first Comme piece as well! first as in, i hope there are many more! it's timeless for sure and i guarantee i'll be a whacky old woman wearing it around town, but with maybe a pink chubby instead of boyish accoutrements.
vintage 1937 cheerleader jacket from St. Augustine
Paul & Joe for Target floral top
H&M houndstooth tights
Chanel biker boots (my new staple)

No comments:

Post a Comment